Memon Professional Forum, which came into existence in January, 1985, is a prestigious body of professionals belonging to Memon Community including Sindhi, Cutchi, Halai and other Memons. Today, the Forum membership comprises of seven hundred professionals, most of whom occupy eminent positions in their respective professions inPakistanand abroad.
The main objectives of the Forum are:
- To cultivate and promote spirit at unity, co-operation and mutual understanding and assistance among Memon Professionals and bring them together on a united platform.
- To work and provide an organization for educational, professional and economic upliftment of its members in particular and Memon Community in general and to organize collective efforts for preserving and achieving a due recognition of the rights and status of ifs member and the community in all walks of life.
The affairs of the Forum are overseen by a Managing Committee consisting of twenty four members who are elected for two year by the members of the Forum.
1. To execute its plans and policies in a professional manner, the Managing Committee normally constitutes the following sub-committees:
- A. Continuing Professional Education (CPE) for
- – Medical Sciences
- – Legal, Human Rights and Consumer Protection
- – Architecture, Engineering and Environment
- – Accounting and Management Sciences
- B. Social Committee
- C. Website Development Committee, Publication S. E-Committee
- D. Professional Development Committee
- E. Public Relation Committee
- F. Ladies wing
- G. MPF International Wing and Chapters
- H. Emerging Sciences Committee
- I. Diary Project Committee
2. To get benefit of experience of the Former Presidents of the Forum and other eminent Professionals, a permanent Strategic Advisory Board (SAB) has been formed to constantly review strategic plans, bye-laws and financial Plans etc., and advice the Managing Committee with medium and long terms programs accordingly.
3. In order to grant loan for the purpose of Professional Education, on independent but
associated body of the Forum has been formed under the name of MPF Educational Trust.
Any member of Memon Community who fulfils any of the following conditions con become a life member of the Forum by paying the prescribed membership fee.
(a) Who at the time of application for membership is or has been o member of (or registered with) any one of the following statutory professional bodies:-
(i) PakistanMedical & Dental Council
(ii) PakistanEngineering Council
(iii) PakistanCouncil of Architects and Town Planners
(iv) Provincial Bar Council/s
(v) InstituteofChartered AccountantsofPakistan
(vi) InstituteofCostand Management Accountants ofPakistan
(vii) Institute of Corporate Secretaries ofPakistan
(viii) Institute of Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants
(b) Who is graduate in any subject from any University or Institute in Pakistan recognized by the University Grant Commission and/or who is graduate in any subject from any Foreign University or Institute recognized by the country’s relevant Universities/Institute approving Authorities or the Managing Committee consider suitable at the time of application for membership:-
(i) Holds a Doctorate or Masters degree in any subject and engaged in respective profession.
(ii) Is a Diploma holder fromInstituteofBankers.
(iii) Is engaged as an Independent Income tax Practitioner for a period of 5 years or more and is a member of any Income Tax Bar Association.
(iv) Is a member of any local or foreign statutory professional bodies equivalent to the same as mentioned inPara(a) above.
(v) Is a member of any recognized society of Actuaries inPakistanor abroad.
(vi) Is holding a Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy and registered as member with Pakistan Pharmacy
(vii) Is holding a Bachelor/Master Degree in Computer Science and having three year experience.
(viii) Has passed C.S.S. or P.C.S. examinations conducted by the Government of Pakistan.
Every person eligible to be a member of the FORUM and who agrees to abide by the aims and objectives of the FORUM, may be admitted as Life Member of the FORUM on acceptance of his application of membership by the Managing Committee. Each admitted to life membership shall pay an admission fee of Rs. 500/- and a life membership fee of Rs. 2.000/-
ACTIVITIES IN GENERAL
The Forum in pursuance of its objectives, organizes various activities, highlights of which are given below:
- Lectures, seminars, conferences, group discussions, symposiums and workshops for continuing professional education of the members are arranged at frequent intervals. These are held both at the respective chapter as well as Forum level to which prominent professionals are invited to speck on topics of their specialization.
- Career guidance programs are organized to assist the young members of the Community in selecting career path suiting to their aptitude. These programs held both at the school and the college levels.
- Scholarships and financial assistance are awarded to unemployed members of the Community wishing to pursue higher studies.
- Forum renders assistance to unemployed members or members of the Community in getting proper placement.
- A bulletin covering the activities of the Forum is issued periodically.
- Picnics, Eid Millan Parties and other social activities are being arranged to entertain and get together the members and their families.
- Study tours are also arranged to both educate and entertain the members and their families.
- Workshops, lectures and training programs are organized by Ladies Wing to help educate exclusively the Lady members of bath the Forum and the members’ families.
- MPF Diary at the start of every year is printed and distributed among all the members of MPF.
- Photocopies of highest qualification and membership affiliation of professional body
- Photocopy of N.I.C.
- Two Passport size Photographs.